Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Roasted pesto vegetables wrapped in phyllo dough

After over two weeks on the road I just needed a delicious veggie packed dinner. I was having an insane craving for phyllo dough and pesto (I really don't know why those are not two foods I normal eat) so I came up with this little meal. John and I pretty much devoured it all in a matter of minutes after Caleb went down. So yummy!!

Roasted pesto vegetables wrapped in phyllo dough

1 zucchini-pealed and diced
1 yellow squash-pealed and diced
1 red pepper
4 handfuls spinach
1/2-3/4 c. pesto
1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
1/2 of one pack of phyllo dough
Olive Oil spray

Roast red pepper under broiler until skin is charred. Place pepper in tubberware with lid on. Once it is cool enough to touch pull off the skin and cut into strips. Mix squash and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast at 425 for about 10 minutes until cooked but not too squishy. Meanwhile place single sheet of dough on a cookie sheet. Spray with olive oil then repeat until you have about 8 sheets. Spread pesto over the dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Place peppers on one half of the dough and fold dough over. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Cut into squares and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Steve finally admitted to me tonight that this is his favorite meal! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete