Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Black bean summer veggie salad

Today was one of those days where I didn't feel like cooking, but didn't feel like eating out. So I had to come up with something super quick and easy to throw together. The end result was very delicious! This is a great meal when it is hot and you don't want the oven on or slaving over the stove all day long. I have a feeling this will become a favorite during the hot Texas summer.

Black bean summer veggie salad

1 can black beans (I use vegetarian ones, very yummy!)
8 oz. sweet corn
1/2 red pepper
1/2 yellow pepper
1 avocado
1/2 T brown sugar
salt to taste
salsa
blue corn tortilla chips

Mix black beans and brown sugar, warm on stove. Mix corn with a little olive oil and roast in oven for 5-10 minutes (could be done in a skillet if you don't want the oven on-it's not even 80 today so the oven was fine today). Dice veggies. Mix beans, corn and veggies together-salt. Serve with salsa and crushed tortilla chips.
I am slightly without my camera charger here in the hotel, so all my pics are currently iPhone pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment