Saturday, December 8, 2012

A little about this blog...

I am not a chef, or even an amazing cook. I completely get that and this blog is in no way to claim that I am. But I am asked often for recipes or healthy cooking ideas, and a couple of people of mentioned a blog. I plan on sharing what people are asking me for with all the world.

 A little bit about our eating habits. I struggle with infertility issues. I have endometriosis and 
PCOS. Those issues greatly impact our eating habits. I try to avoid a lot of animal protein because research shows is can affect egg quality and increase endometriosis pain. We eat a lot of organic food because the lack of hormones and pesticides boasts fertility. 

I am also a very active person, I have done a lot of research and am not afraid of carbs. You need carbs based on your activity level. I also like protein, but again not a lot of meat. I try to make vegetables and whole grains the center of all our meals. 

I also love to eat. I love flavor. I know a woman who says she eats to stay alive so she doesn't really care what she eats as long as it is healthy. I really cannot relate to that attitude at all. I love eating, even if I didn't have to eat I still would. I want to enjoy everything I eat! I want to not feel guilty about eating seconds because it is healthy food.

We really try to limit our refined sugar intake because it sends my son over the edge (more so than most kids, I think). But again, I love flavor. I like to experiment with low sugar/low fat desserts.

I hope you can find something that you enjoy on this blog-happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment