Saturday, December 8, 2012

honey

One of the other things I am going to do with is blog is share lists people have asked me to give them. The first one is long overdue from a woman in my ward. I did a honey order of the amazing local honey company. She asked me how I use honey-here is the list!

My own uses for honey:

Great energy booster-pre or post workout, or in the middle of the afternoon. I just eat it with a spoon.

Mix with Greek Yogurt. Greek Yogurt is so healthy and wonderful but tastes awful in my opinion. Mixing plain greek yogurt with honey and cinnamon makes it edible for me. I use that combo with fresh fruit or in smoothies most mornings for breakfast.

Granola-melt honey and natural peanut butter together in a saucepan. Mix with toasted oats, coconut, dried fruit-whatever you feel like for yummy granola or granola bars.

FHE lesson-we were really struggling with Caleb saying "stupid" and "poopy" so we did a lesson about language. We had a cup of muddy water and a spoon of honey and asked which one he wanted-he picked the honey of course. For a couple of weeks we kept the muddy water next to the honey on the counter, when he would go a morning without bad words he got some honey and when he said bad words we would show him the muddy water. It worked really well! (there is a scripture in Psalms about using sweet words, we read that with the lesson). 

Mix with hot water when one of us has a sore throat. 

My favorite pizza dough


I use to have this in recipe form but can't find it. To make great peanut butter brownies mix honey and peanut butter together (I believe 1/4 c. honey to 1/2 c. p.b. I am really bad at measuring) spread over brownies and then top with chocolate frosting of some sort. Not healthy but very yummy. 


Other uses and websites I use:

As I tell my cycling class I trust EVERYTHING Lance Armstrong says :) But really good tips on adapting recipes




These brownies are AMAZING! John couldn't tell they were as healthy as they are.







I usually steam the carrots instead of roasting them, either way is very yummy!


There is a basic list, I am sure one day I will think of more and have to add to this, but it is a pretty good start. If all else fails just eat it with a spoon-that's what I do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment