Monday, July 29, 2013

Almond flour craisin chocolate chip cookies

I got this cookie recipe from my sister-in-law earlier this year. I love it! I consider this through and through a dessert but it is a healthier dessert so you don't feel guilty eating one or two. I only made two slight adjustments, the regular recipe is great but I do love agave and flaxseed. I also cut the chocolate chips and craisins in half because there is still plenty and they are a little healthier that way. I don't press mine flat like she does because I am just that lazy, and they are amazing still-but don't look anything like her picture. Also almond flour is super easy to make. Put some almonds in the blender, blend until flour consistency. 

Almond flour craisin chocolate chip cookies


1 3/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
pinch salt
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
6 T all natural peanut butter
2 T honey
2 T agave nectar 
2 t vanilla
2 T water
1/4 cup dried no sugar added cranberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips 


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Grease your cookie sheet lightly or use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

In a mixing bowl, stir together together the dry ingredients.

In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, agave vanilla, and water until smooth. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix until well-combined (it may take a bit to come together).

Mix in the cranberries and chocolate chips.

Scoop dough in 1 T rounds onto your cookie sheet.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the top is light brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. They'll be pretty soft when they first come out, but they'll firm up after a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment