Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Israeli couscous with grilled squash and greek yogurt tandoori

I was on a quest to make a lot more dairy free recipes for my sister-in-law who is off dairy right now and I was feeling like a Middle Eastern meal-that was simple.

As I was making this I saw our greek yogurt and really wanted a tandoori sauce on this meal. But you could make it dairy free by using olive oil instead of yogurt. This was so simple and delicious!!

I used a Saigon Blend for this recipe. It is a blend of ginger, cumin, cinnamon, clove, salt, garlic, anise and pepper. I am not sure where you would get it, another option would be curry powder.

Israeli couscous with roasted squash and greek yogurt tandoori

1 c. Israeli couscous
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1 T coconut oil
Curry powder or saigon blend
1/4 c. greek yogurt or olive oil
1/2 lemon-juiced
1 clove minced garlic

Cook couscous according to package direction. Sprinkle with salt.

Peel squash, cut into four long pieces. Brush with coconut oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Grill for 5 minutes per side, until nice and tender. Cut into chunks.

Combine greek yogurt, lemon and garlic.

Mix couscous, squash and dressing. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment