Sunday, February 3, 2013

A little more than just a BLT

Our first summer in Montana my sisters came to visit. All of us headed up to Glacier National Park. We stayed in Whitefish and enjoyed a fun family dinner at a local restaurant. Both my little sisters orders a BLT without lettuce and tomato. They were both shocked to be served bread with bacon on it. 

A couple weeks ago I was talking with one of these sisters while doing my shopping. I passed the bacon and just had to have a BLT. I mentioned this to my sister and she makes some joke about the BLT incident. One she was trying to pin it all on my other sister and two it still wasn't clear if she knew what really is on a BLT.


When I got home I decided to make a BLT that would provide my sisters with more than just bacon. Super simple, but so much yummier! Plus I would like to think with the added veggies a little bit healthier :)

Whitefish BLT's

Center cut bacon
Spinach
Tomato slices
Avocado
Red, yellow and orange pepper slices
BBQ sauce (preferably homemade)
Mayo
Bread

Toast two slices of bread, cover one with mayo one with BBQ sauce. Then pile everything else on. Enjoy!

p.s. dear sister, please make sure you cook the bacon first. I know I didn't write that, and it seems like you need a little extra help when it comes to BLT's :) lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment