Saturday, February 2, 2013

Curry Broccoli Slaw Nann Bread Sandwiches

Our lives have been completely up in the air for about five months now. We know we are moving, we just don't know when or where or what John will be doing once we do. We were told (by a pretty high ranking officer) that we would find out John's next job by then end of the week, two weeks ago. Now they are saying another two weeks, maybe more maybe less. Most days our spirits are high as we wait the news we laugh and joke most nights that "tomorrow is the day" because we have been told that for about three months.
But about every three or four weeks I have one of those days where the uncertainty just weighs on me. Yesterday was one of those days. There was a couple of other things we were waiting on and it seemed like all we were getting was unclear answers or no's. John sweetly offered to take us out for dinner, I asked for a raincheck because probably by next Friday and still no news I will need that. Instead I wanted to create a meal, something new and fun to take my mind of things. Also something simple because I really didn't want to have to think. 
I had some leftover broccoli slaw from a recipe I had made earlier in the week that I wanted to use up, but curry was sounding good too. Then I remembered we have some Curry Mustard. That's when it all came together. It was so yummy and simple.

Curry Broccoli Slaw Nann Bread Sandwiches

3 T Plain Greek Yogurt
2 T Curry Mustard (we use "Global Gardens" for our fancy food items, you could just combine mustard and curry powder)
1 t Lemon Juice
1/2 T Rice Vinegar
1/4 C Toasted Slivered Almonds
1 Apple-Diced
1/2 Bag Broccoli Slaw
Nann Bread

Whisk together the yogurt, mustard, lemon juice and vinegar-set aside. Combine broccoli slaw, apple, and almonds. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Refridgerator 30-60 minutes (this will allow the slaw to soften slightly). Cook nann bread according to package. Brush with olive oil and fill with slaw. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment